1883 Syrups New Flavors
The recent Food Hotel Asia, we have launched 4 new 1883 syrups such as:1883 Madeleine, 1883 Red Pepper, 1883 Chocolate Cookie and 1883 Apricot. This is indeed a very intriguing combination of syrups launch together because you have the sweet, buttery and cake like notes from the 1883 Madeleine, the velvety fruity and pleasant flavours coming from 1883 Apricot, the lightly grilled accents plus really powerful fresh baked cookie taste and of course, the most popular among the group is the 1883 Red Pepper which has a delicate spice to it, very comparable to sun-ripened peppers but the balance of sweet and spicy is really very unique. We would like to share with our followers, the cocktails which we have prepared using the new 1883 flavors. We hope to inspire you with this creations and don’t forget to #ASKJAM if you have more recipe ideas, suggestions and anything you would want to feature in this blog, we would be more than happy to do it!
1. For the mocktail, “Apricot Rose” which is combined with refreshing citrus flavours such as lemon and orange to balance the fruit sweetness and just give it a sharp, refreshing taste. You want to make it alcoholic, you can replace Coralba Sparkling into Sparkling wine for that Mimosa inspired drink. You can also try to add a sprinkle of cinnamon, for that earthy taste.
- 30 ml Ripe Peach Puree
- 5 ml Ripe Freshly Squeezed Lemon juice
- 5 ml Ripe Freshly Squeezed Orange juice
- 20 ml 1883 Apricot Syrup
- 30 ml Coralba Sparkling (top up)
Glassware: Rock Glass (You can use champagne flute too!)
Garnish: Dried Apricot and Orange Zest
2. Using 1883 Madeleine, I created a mocktail, “From Paris with Love”, this time I combined it with Ripe Freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice, the key ingredient, to balance the sweet, sour and leave a short bitter finish which makes this mocktail well rounded. Perfect as a non alcoholic pre-dinner drink. Pandan leaf also add a nice touch and aroma.
From Paris with Love
- 30 ml Ripe Passionfruit Juice
- 20 ml Ripe Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit juice
- 20 ml Ripe Apple puree
- 10 ml Ripe Freshly Squeezed Lemon juice
- 20 ml 1883 French Madeleine Syrup
- 30 ml Coralba Sparkling (Top up)
Glassware: Champagne flute
Garnish: Perfect to pair it with Madeleine, of course!
3. For an afterdinner drink, using 1883 Chocolate cookie syrup, I did a blended drink which is a smooth combination of apple and banana, perfectly combine with 1883 Chocolate cookie. For cocktail options, my recommendations would be brown spirits such as whisky, cognac, bourbon and gold rum. Skimmed milk, would make it totally different, because you want that fat from the milk which really contributes to the smoothness and taste of the drink. Definitely, a bit of freshly grated nutmeg would also be good!
Banana – Cocolada
- 60 ml Ripe Banana Puree
- 30 ml Ripe Apple Puree
- 90 ml Fresh Milk
- 30 ml 1883 Chocolate Cookie
Glassware: Poco Grande
Garnish: Chocolate Cookie and Whipped cream
4. Last but not the least, the crowd favourite, Red Pepper Margarita, my modern take on the classic margarita, using 1883 Red Pepper Syrup. You would be surprise, how subtle the spice flavor is, so it’s not really overpowering, just the right amount of sweetness and spice. This syrup, I would recommend it more into cocktails especially gin, vodka, rum and tequila based. This drink is very exciting to work with because it is savoury, so ingredients such as shiso, celery salt, Basil, Cilantro… the list goes on and on.
Red Pepper Margarita
30 ml Tequila
- 15 ml Triple Sec
- 30 ml Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 30 ml Ripe Passionfruit Juice
- 15 ml 1883 Red Pepper Syrup
Glassware: Champagne saucer
Garnish: Red pepper